Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Falling Into Place


Wow, I really haven't updated here in quite some time. Not since the dreaded Snow-pocylps back in early February. But it is April now, and I have a little over 4 months to go on the wedding countdown. It is amazing what has been accomplished but still how much there is to go...
All of my bridesmaids have officially ordered their dresses. I didn't want them to wear the same thing, because lets face it, they do NOT have the same body types at all. Laura will be in a lovely little, strapless bubble dress in plum. Rebecca bought a cute tea-length strappy dress with a chiffon overlay in wisteria. And Chrissy, who was the most difficult in this ordeal, got a floor length halter satin dress in lavender with a ribbon detailing in purple. I even got myself a cute little pair of purple heels, with at least a 3-4 inch heel on them! I need to get some gel inserts for them, that is for sure...
I met with my florist, Puhlman Flowers in Carnegie to go over my ideas for the bouquets and centerpieces. I am doing something relatively simple when it comes to the centerpieces, just daisy heads in white, yellow, and lavender scattered around the mirrors and candles that Cefalo's provides for us. It will add some color to the mix while still keeping it simple and classy. Which is totally what I was going for.
This week I have my finalization appointment with my baker, Bethel Bakery. Bob and I know from our tasting appointment what flavors and design we want. Now all we need to do it put it down in writing and sign the agreement. My mom is even giving me $100 dollars to help, $50 for the cake and another $50 for the flowers.
But there are still big things that have not been tackled. Bob's mom is supposed to be handling the photographer and the dj but I haven't heard anything diffinitive on either of those and it is starting to worry me. Bob and I also sat down to do a preliminary menu plan, but we need to meet up again with the reception site. And we still need to look into invitations as well.
But one more thing is settled on, my Aunt Tina is letting me have my bridal shower at her house in Natrona Heights. This will help me save a ton of money since I don't have to pay to rent some place and my family is chipping in to help make food and favors and such.
I guess that is all for now. More to come later, that is for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment