Tuesday, October 6, 2009

We Are All Mortals In The End


Today has been a day of contemplation. We went into work early, so that Bob could make up some time he missed due to the Comcast appointment, and I was there for a while before anyone else showed up. That and John was out most of the day so there was more time alone. All that quiet time made me wonder what I am actually doing with my life. I don't want to spend my life working in a place like that. I don't feel like I am making a difference at all.

And then things just got odd and slightly sad. Bob sent me a message. Apparentely he found out from Chris that one of his friend's (Chris's) their girlfriend/fiancee had stomach cancer. And it turns out she passed away today. Now I only met this girl a few times, but she always seemed nice enough. And his friend was really broken up about it. It just makes you realize that life really is short. Apparently she was around my age too.

So just remember, live life to the fullest that you possibly can. Take chances, be brave, and do things you never thought you would.

No comments:

Post a Comment