Monday, September 28, 2009

Quiet Contemplation


'Wherever you fly, you'll be best of the best. Wherever you go, you will top all the rest.'

Not sure why but for some reason I'm thinking about the Dr Seuss poem 'Oh the places you'll go'. Not quite sure why but I just am.
When I was little I thought I could be anything I fancied. For the longest time I wanted to be a pediatrician. Not sure where my childish mind got that notion, but it was what I wanted to do when I grew up. Huh, grow up what a novel term that is. I'm all of 26 and I still am not sure what that means. When is one officially grown up??

I'm still not truly sure what I want to do with my life. My job now is not what makes me happy, I don't want to be there forever. It is just a job not a career, not something that I love to do. I remember how contented I used to be back in school when I got the opportunity to preform. Funny thing was that I used to be very shy, a total case of stage fright. Don't believe me? I gave up my Christmas solo in 5th grade, instead opting for a duet with one of my friends, because I was afraid to be up there singing alone. Now I would kill for something like that!

Somewhere in my mind and my heart I am still holding out for that day on the stage. It was what made me happy. I'm not the best dancer but I think it is so much fun... Maybe I'll get back there someday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment